August’s Student Employee of the Month

Micah Sanders

Our August Student Employee of the Month is Micah Sanders, who was named editor-in-chief for the 2021-22 academic year during the month of May.  Originally hailing from Kansas City, Missouri but calling Dallas, Texas his home, he grew up in a Black suburb called DeSoto, where he attended DeSoto High School and graduated with honors.  Since joining the Hornet family back in 2018, he has been a part of numerous clubs and organizations, including the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS), the Honda Campus All-Stars, and the W.E.B. DuBois Honors Program, just to name a few.   Micah joined the staff last August where he served as the Arts and Entertainment reporter/writer.  This past January, he was promoted to the managing editor for editorial and reportorial affairs where he excelled rapidly, thus making him the natural choice to be promoted to editor-in-chief.  This summer Micah performed an internship with Paramount Pictures and because of his work ethic and dedication, he was offered another internship for the fall semester.  He is scheduled to graduate in May, 2022.  Congratulations Micah for being named August’s Student Employee of the Month.